5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Wedding Photographer
As the saying goes ,
‘A photo is worth a thousand words.’
One of the most important vendors to book for your wedding day is a photographer. You need a professional who can document all the memories of one of the most important days of your life. Your wedding photos are one of the most precious gifts you can give to yourself. The photos are a way for you to reflect back on your big day and also relive moments you may have missed.
Need some guidance on your search for a wedding photographer?
We would like to share with you 5 Things You Should Consider When Choosing a Wedding Photographer:
1. The style of photography you like.
There are various types of artistic skills in photography. Are you laid back, love the glitz and glam or the classic romantic ? You and your partner should identify which style you both envision for your wedding day and also what represents the two of you.
2. How much are you willing to invest into a photographer.
You and your partner should determine within your budget how much will you set aside for photography. There is a suggested percentage of how much within your budget should be set aside for photography but we rather you set your own budget for it.
3. Review the past work of the photographer you are interested in hiring.
It is very important to review the past work or portfolio of the photographer you are interested in hiring. This will help you determine if their work meets your expectations and showcases what you envision for your wedding day. When you find a few photos that resonate with you, then you will know this is the right person for the job.
4. It important to note that different photographers will offer different items in their packages. What is most important and valuable to you? Make a list if you need to, which will be useful when communicating with the photographer. Some common items included in service packages are:
-# of hours availability for the day of Wedding
-Social Media Files
5. The turnaround time of when you will receive your prints is important. Most photographers usually provide a turnaround time of 3-12 weeks. Of course many people prefer to receive their wedding photos sooner rather than later, especially if you would like to include one or two in your ‘Thank You’ notes to guests.
1. Is the photographer’s personality compatible with and your partner ? Yes, they should be. This is imporant. It would be really unfortunate for you to book a photographer and come the day of your wedding this person does not vibe with you and your partner or wedding party. The photographer’s personality does have an impact on how well they can engage and capture shots of you and your wedding guests.
2. Read their reviews from actual clients.
The reviews will shed light on the photographer's interactions with previous clients. This gives you insight on their capabilities, areas where they may lack and personality!
Happy Wedding Planning! Don’t hestitate to reach out to us for assistance.